- 24-Mar-2014 to 24-Mar-2014 (EST)
- Dist. Svc.
- Mishawaka, IN, USA
- $15 to $18 per hour D.O.E.
- Full Time
Full benefits after 60 days
Job Title: Distributor Services – Standards Group
Reports to: Distributor Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responds to customer's needs regarding company's products or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Processes orders, expedites, adjustments, and maintains standing list of current customers.
• Responsible for being the single point of contact for the customer regardless of the issue.
• Communicates with customers by phone and receives orders, change orders, and cancellations.
• Completes customer service forms, determines charges for service requested, prepares and maintains customer database and mailing lists.
• Solicits sale of new or additional products.
• Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
• Updates and maintains catalog including prices and discontinued items.
• Provides information to customers.
• May process credit and make adjustments for returned items.
• Develop a broad understanding of products, prices, delivery schedule, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews and researches problems obtaining necessary information from policies, procedures or practices.
• Initiates and follows-up on problem resolution in coordination with other departments.
• Discusses Standard product and Custom product applications with customers.
• Updates and maintains our Customer Contact software.
• Build relationships with customers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs other clerical task such as typing and mailing bills, typing correspondence and keeping files.
Required Performance Behaviors:
• Understand the client's requirements and motivations.
• Awareness of client's expectations.
• Communicate specifics to clients as quickly as possible.
• Follow up with clients as quickly as possible.
• Proactively solicit feedback from client on their current and future needs.
• Detail oriented
• Self-directed – able to function without direct supervision
• Conscientious and thorough
• Meet Daman measures and performance requirements.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to plan, manage time well, make decisions, resolve disputes, and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to use PC and widely used software packages or trade specific software such as Word, Excel, and/or Syteline (or ERP)
• Must have the capacity to learn or the capability to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience:
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven ability to learn and utilize technical information.
• Strong typing skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Traits and Life skills: Honest, self-motivated, self-starting, conscientious, dependable, efficient, organized, thorough, accurate, effective, maintains professional composure under pressure, enthusiastic knowledge retention, competent, and creative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!